2016 Riding Season for Private Groups of 4-20: June 18 – August 7, 2016
Come to the mountains just west of Boulder for a glorious Old West experiece! Ride one of our friendly horses to the top of the ridges for breathtaking panoramic vistas. Explore the wildflower meadows and pine and aspen forests. Experience the history and quaintness of the Gold Hill area. Possible wildlife sightings include graceful mule deer, spunky cottontail rabbits, majestic bald eagles, or even the elusive lynx!
CMR Horses... Since 1947, the Walker family members have built and trained their own string of excellent horses and have guided folks riding on the local mountain trails. You'll appreciate the competent, jovial people and happy horses. Our horses are amazing in that they are capable of giving a calm and easy ride as well as a perky ride, depending on how they sense each rider.
Fourmile Fire... Our location at the northwest edge of the path of the Fourmile Fire gives you the opportunity to choose to ride through the greening of new vegetation and overlook burn areas. You may wish to ride where the trees and the views remain untouched or even through the historic old gold-mining town of Gold Hill. Whatever trail you choose, we take it slow to savor the scenery, appreciate the beauty and forces of nature, enjoy the fresh mountain air, and respect the horses as they navigate the mountain trails.
Horseback Riding Rates
- 1 hour - $ 40
- Each additional hour $30
- Call 303-442-4557 for information and reservations.
- Let us know in advance the number of adults and the number and ages of children, as well as riding experience and if any are first-time riders.
- Group size:Your ride group may be only your group of two or more (up to twenty)or your group may combine with others.
- Ages and Experience:We accommodate riders ages seven through nine only with previous riding experience and a desire to ride a horse.To gain riding experience, we suggest the introductory riding program offered through our Adventure Summer Day Camp.
- Riders ages 10 and up may be first time riders.
- All ages of riders ride their own horse with fitted saddle and stirrups,no double riding.
- Come prepared: with long pants, close-toed shoes, a waterbottle, and a warm outer layer. We provide helmets and rainwear as needed.